Veloren 0.14 Release
Veloren is releasing 0.14! This version is about 5 months in the making, and we have a lot to show off!
If you're reading this before 18:00 GMT on January 7th, make sure to join the release party. On the side, you can also watch the release party dev stream, where we'll be chatting with devs about what went into this version.
To join, you can download the game for free at veloren.net and create an account, then launch the game and hop on the default server. See you there!
New in this release
Here are some of the changes in this release:
- Added a Craft All button and new recipes
- Musical instruments can now be crafted, looted and played
- Pets can now be traded with
- Added redwood and dead trees
- SeaChapel, Greek/Latin inspired dungeon for ocean biome coasts
- Doors now animate opening when entities are near them
- Added screen-space reflection and refraction shaders
- Added reflection quality setting
- FxUpscale AA mode for higher quality graphics at reduced internal resolutions
- NPCs now move to their target's last known position
Water will now move according to its apparent flow direction
As always, there are always more changes than we can add to a single post! You can check out the full changelog here.
Thanks to this versions contributors (in random order):
Tormod G. Hellen, Timothy Finnegan, Samuel Keiffer, Rares, UncomfySilence, 4ydx, Tianyang Zhang, Monty Marz, Bingen Galartza, Avi Weinstock, Welvex, Jonathan Berglin, holychowders, AldanTanneo, Ben Wallis, Dominik Broński, Saverio Miroddi, parzivale, Koboo, fanix472, Justin Shipsey, loki, MadirexRus, zDrag0nG, Benoît du Garreau, pepsalt, Henning Meyer, Halosesparta, Imbris, Thanos Psaridis, Kavin Teenakul, matheusclmb, Valter Sanches, Tine Jozelj, Vincent Foulon, Joshua Barretto, Juan Pablo Lagos, kitswas, WanCheng Ye, electro79, Marcel Märtens, Youssef Fahmy, IsseW, rmdlv, tygyh, flo, Socksonme, juliancoffee, James Gayfer, LunarEclipse, Sau, Yusuf Bera Ertan, Francesco Vasco, Kuba 1001, Julio Cezar Silva, Joshua Yanovski, Christof Petig, Tavo Annus, Eternalisime, Blinc, James Melkonian, Matheus, flo666, Gamma, Tim Finnegan, Madrots, Aidar Shaikhiev, Dong, Couls, DaforLynx, and Matas Minelga
Support the Project
As always, feel free to support the project on Open Collective. It allows us to keep our servers running, and launch great release parties like the one for this release!
Veloren Open Collective