This Week In Veloren 182
This week, we hear about how the 0.13 release party went. We also get a video of a lightning storm.
- AngelOnFira, TWiV Editor
Thanks to this week's contributors, @xMAC94x, @DaforLynx, @JonHeath, and @Pfau!
0.13 Release Party by @YuriMomo
This week, Veloren 0.13 was released! We smashed our previous release party record with 277 players online at peak!
Here's the old record, on the 0.12 release we peaked at 195 players!
Check out the trailer to see some of the changes. The release party took the place at 18:00 GMT on July 24th, if you missed the release party you can watch it on our YouTube channel!
Here is the list of the features which were added to Veloren!
- Better Weather system by @DaforLynx (sound) @zesterer @Isse (programming)
- LoD Objects by @zesterer
- Balance changes to items and monsters
- Performance improvements
- Water caves by @Isse
- CliffTowns by @floppy
- Modular weapon @Sam sword overhaul by @Slipped [GMT -5]
- Added loot ownership for drops from mining
- Updated the Polish translation @LunarEclipse (LunarEclipse)
- More varied ambient birdcalls @DaforLynx
- Overhauled caves: they're now a multi-layer network spanning the entire world @zesterer [GMT+0]
- Modular weapons now have a selling price @Christof
- Metadata added to music files. Listen to the soundtrack more easily @DaforLynx
- Optimized sprite processing decreasing the startup time of voxygen (and long freezes when trying to enter the world when this hasn't finished). @Imbris
Support the project!Veloren Open Collective